This DirectX SDK contains the runtime and all the software required to create DirectX compliant applications in C/C++ and C#.
If you had previously downloaded Microsoft's SDK and were using XACT, you should download this new version. Note that the most up-to-date version of XACT is Windows version 9.18.944.0.
This release contains updates to tools, utilities, samples, documentation, and runtime debug files for x64 and x86 platforms. For additional information please see Microsoft DirectX Developer Center along with reviewing the Readme for last-minute updates.
DirectX SDK is an essential download for all DirectX SDK programmers.
- Pros +
- Creates DirectX compliant applications in C/C++ and C#
- Cons -
- Not supported on all Windows platforms (see supported platforms)
- File size:
- 441.0 MB
- Microsoft | More programs (386)
- Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista
- Development software > Libraries & DLLs