Flexible and free mathematical software
"All people who love maths will definitely like this software"
"I Like This"
- Provides multiple representations of dynamically linked objects
- Covers arithmetic, geometry, algebra and calculus
- Complicated for beginners
GeoGebra is a complex mathematical application for those that study or work with arithmetic, geometry, algebra and calculus.
Aimed at math experts
It's a rather complex application that's aimed strictly at those comfortable with difficult math, but the advantage GeoGebra offers over similar apps is that it provides multiple representations of objects that are all dynamically linked. The idea is to connect geometric, algebraic, and numeric representations in an interactive way. This can be done with points, vectors, lines, and conic sections.
GeoGebra allows you to directly enter and manipulate equations and coordinates, enabling you to plot functions; work with sliders to investigate parameters; find symbolic derivatives; and use powerful commands like Root or Sequence.
The complexity of the program is mind boggling for those new to such mathematical applications. It's very difficult to work out how to use from scratch, although there are several very detailed tutorials to help you on your way.
Not for the faint hearted
GeoGebra isn't a mathematical program for the faint hearted but if you have to deal with arithmetic, geometry, algebra and calculus on a regular basis, it is very flexible.
- English, Spanish, German, French, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese Simp, Chinese Trad, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Euskera, Finnish, Gallego, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Portuguese
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Last month's downloads:
- International GeoGebra Institut