See and hear family and friends right inside Gmail
Google Voice and Video Chat can no longer be downloaded. Take a look at the new
Google Talk has finally taken the last step in its evolution from being a minimalist IM client to a complete communications tool, transforming it into Google Voice and Video Chat.
How it works
Google Voice and Video Chat enables you to hold video-conferences with family and friends right on Gmail's interface, just like regular text chats. Google Voice and Video Chat's video window appears on the right side and although you can't move it, there's always the option to pop it out and place it anywhere you like.
Sound and image quality
Google Voice and Video Chat has an astounding quality both in image and sound. Video streaming runs very smoothly and sound is just crisp and clear. Besides there are no complicated configuration settings required, so you'll probably be able to have it set up and running in two minutes.
Being a Google Talk plug-in, you obviously need a Gmail account in order to use Google Voice and Video Chat. Also, your contacts need the plug-in in order to be able to use video chats with them. Besides those two basic requirements, we can't honestly think of any other con about it! Also bear in mind that if you want to start a
Google Talk has finally added the one featured it lacked: high-quality, responsive video chats!
- Pros +
- Very easy to set up and use
- Great video and audio quality
- Support for full screen
- Cons -
- The embedded window can't be moved
- English , Spanish , German , French , Arabic , Argentinean , Catalan , Chinese Simp , Chinese Trad , Czech , Danish , Dutch , Euskera , Finnish , Gallego , Greek , Hindi , Italian , Japanese , Korean , Norwegian , Polish , Portuguese , Russian , Swedish , Turkish
- File size:
- 800 KB
- Google | More programs (179)
- Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Instant Messaging > Tools
User rating:4 User reviews
i really really need it because i like gmail i want to use it for my personal friends
Works great. I use it to call people sometimes when I loose my cell phone and im away from home. Also for video with my brother in college.